Like many small towns across South Louisiana, challenges are nothing new for St. Landry Parish, but the people in the parish have always had a spirit of creativity, ingenuity, and perseverance. This spirit is a driver for Accelerate St. Landry, a start-up and small business program that focused on people, their dreams, ideas, and business interests. The program is organized and led by St. Landry Chamber of Commerce and the LEED Center.
Who Should Apply?
- Existing businesses
- People who want to turn a side job into a full-time business
- People who have ideas for a business
- Hands-on & individual attention to help you start and/or grow your business
- Opportunity to build a network with other business leaders
- Successful business leaders as guest speakers & guides
- Guidance & consulting after the 6 week program
- Completion ceremony and certificate of completion
Accelerate Lafayette sessions will be held at St. Landry Economic Development – 5367 I-49 South Service Rd. Opelousas, LA 70570
Sessions will happen on Tuesdays, Nov. 9th – Dec. 14th, from 5:30PM – 8:30PM
Applications will be accepted up until the start of the program and walk up will be accepted.
Complimentary Dinner is provided at each session.
Session 1 | Program Basics: The Entrepreneurial Dream
Session 2 | How to Get More Out of a Business Plan
Session 3 | What You Need to Know About the Numbers
Session 4 | Getting Resources When You Do Not Have Any
Session 5 | Customers Drive the Business
Session 6 | Operations and Other Fundamentals that Matter
Registration Fee: $450
*Registration waivers up to $425 are available to all applicants
*Remaining fees are paid to St. Landry Parish Chamber Foundation
Questions about Accelerate St. Landry or the LEED Center? Contact Jonathan Shirley,email@example.com.