FEMA representatives are reaching out to Hurricane Laura evacuees displaced by Hurricane Laura and temporarily living in hotels in Lafayette and surrounding areas. Below are resources available for those affected by the storm.
FEMA Individual Assistance Program
Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (DSNAP)
· Shelter information, text ‘LASHELTER’ to 898211
· Evacuees can go to Reception Center at the Alexandria Mega Shelter, 8125 Hwy 71 South, Alexandria, and will be directed to a hotel or a shelter.
Locate Hurricane Laura Evacuees in State-Provided Hotel Rooms
· Call 225-342-2727
American Red Cross Safe and Well
The Safe and Well website allows those affected by disaster to let family and friends know they are safe. After submitting information (name, whether safe, location, contact information and a custom message), loved ones can search for people based on the information provided.
· Visit https://safeandwell.communityos.org/ or call 1-800-REDCROSS
Region 4 Office of Public Health Services – call 337-262-5311
· Emergency WIC Supplemental Food Voucher Program
· Emergency Immunizations
· List of local COVID-19 Testing Sites
GENERAL INFORMATION: Call 211 log on to https://hurricanelaura.la.gov/
Text ‘LAURA’ to 67283